Wednesday, May 2, 2012

T W I N S


HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, TWINS
this would be May of 1950


TWINS @ THE BEACH


TWINS ~ MIRROR IMAGES


TWIN PROFILES


TWINS X TWINS @ CYPRESS GARDENS
(our Dad's white shirt in right side of photo)


Photographer from C.G. had "this idea"
We were visiting the Gardens and were asked IF
we'd like to do a photo shoot with the grown up twins.


TWINS smiling for our Dad


TWINS 
(twin on left had torn up her photo and it was taped)
it was me



TWINS styling in overalls  


TWINS with longest hair I can remember...


Identical TWINS born May 6, 1947
Appears we had a fair amount of hair @ birth.
These babies weighed 6 lb. 6 oz. and 6 lb. 2 oz. 

Over the years we've both been asked, "What is it like
being a TWIN?"  It's an easy answer.  FUN and a life long Blessing! 
We are thankful we've ALWAYS been close. Truly, Jean has
been my lifelong BEST friend.  Not just my "twin" sister.

We were fortunate to live in the same town for the years we were raising
our children.  "Oh what fun it was"..... At the drop of a hat, we'd head out with
the 6 children to "parts unknown", assured it was going to be
a FUN excursion filled with mischief, lots of laughing and food.  I'm so
Thankful for those years.  Our grown children remain close.  So, no matter
where Jean is?  I'm not that far away.  If she needs me?  I'm there.
We're no different than most sisters. Retirement will hopefully bring Jean and Tom to Florida real soon.  We'd both like that - a lot! 

Hope you can wrap your mind around what this scripture (below) means to me.  I have a feeling you will. Nothing has ever come between us. Distant miles don't change how we feel.  Thank God for Verizon's Friends and Family plan ~ we can talk as long as our battery holds out. We used to write letters and cards but a day doesn't go by too often that we don't exchange emails.  So, just like we're never far from God?  He is always with us.  Same with Jean and I.

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said, “.... For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.”

4 days and counting.....


I love you "sissy".  Looking forward to the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please subscribe to follow my Blog.