Sunday, July 25, 2010

Did someone say CHRISTMAS?
I'm very sure they DID
T.V. ads and Newspaper ads for this weekend are doing a 'test' of shoppers throughout the land to see if it doesn't prove to be a heftier outcome than it may be in December. I can hardly see how that may 'be'. Retailers have set up "end cap" aisles to draw people to consider Christmas shopper needs. I heard the stores (Target for one) were playing Christmas music in their stores to get shoppers in the mood. Ha They're pretty smart because I'm a sucker for Christmas music. It can put me 'right there' most holidays. Like our radio station here in town which begins to play Christmas music the week prior to Thanksgiving?! (maybe before - Dan? when is it?) It's ALL Christmas music too on that one station. The song I find most annoying is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" - ackkk - just an awful song and that voice? Ewwwwww
Instead of all that Chistmasy stuff, I rather like thinking of Tater Salad ! I know we all think our own mom makes the best potato salad. (mine did) Kathy Mascaro made the BEST. I just loved it and her off-spring daughters know how to make good potato salad too. Melissa especially. Have I had your potato salad Anita? Either way I know they both do a good job. So, I came upon a blog earlier and the gal posted her sister's potato salad recipe. I will share it with you. I do not know these ladies but it sure sounds about right. It does call for 2 Cups of Mayo in 5 # of potatoes. I'm not sure if that is a LOT or not. You be the judge.

SISTER JILL'S HOMEMADE POTATO SALAD

5 LB BAG OF SMALL RED POTATOES

2 EGGS

1/2 VIDALLIA ONION, CHOPPED

CELERY, CHOPPED (THE SAME AMOUNT AS THE ONION)

TWO CUPS MAYONNAISE

1/3 CUP MUSTARD (half yellow mustard, half golden brown mustard)

1 TSP VINEGAR

1/2 TSP SUGAR

SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE

Boil potatoes and eggs. Drain and cool completely. Peel and cut up potatoes. Peel and cut up eggs. Mix mayo and mustard, vinegar, and sugar in separate bowl. Add celery and onion to the cooled pototatoes. Next add dressing mixture and slowly mix together. It should be wet as potatoes will soak up the dressing as it sits. Reserve any extra dressing in case you want to add in more.

Chill well and serve.

Let me know if you try it - I want to try it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please subscribe to follow my Blog.