Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand
Took this photo last summer at Cade's Cove and when I looked at it today, I thought of the verse to this song. We DO need a Solid Rock, don't we? More so than any other time in the lives of Americans (and all other countries) we need The Rock. Seems like a 'rock' would be a good WWJD thing; right up there with wearing a cross. Nobody wants to wear a rock though. Too much like you'd be drowning or sinking. So, the key is to Stand on that rock. Hold onto that Cross. The Cross of Calvary. Many things are uncertain in our daily lives. The Cross isn't. If we'd just turn all our worries and concerns over to Him before we pile out of bed, I'm sure the days would be easier; whatever we face. I'm talking to myself here, so just suffice to say you're reaping the benefit IF you just read this. I don't know how to insert music into a blog, so just do a search on youtube.com if you want to hear the song.
I like the last stanza of the song:
When He shall come with trumpet sound, Oh may I then in Him be found. Dressed in His righteousness alone, Faultless to stand before the throne.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please subscribe to follow my Blog.